January 26, 2015 // beauty
Welcome to Makeup Mondays, a semi-regular series on A Little Leopard featuring my little sister Emma, a licensed cosmetologist, makeup artist, and all-around beauty guru. On Mondays when we can both get our acts together, we’ll pick a topic that I’ll write about and she’ll vlog about, and both share it. First up: our best of beauty picks for 2014 (and yes, I realize we’re nearly a month into 2015 already).
So as I was thinking about what to include on my list, I realized half of the products were oil-based – so I either really have a thing for oil, or it’s a trendy beauty ingredient/product lately. Probably a bit of both. Anyway, without further ado, six of my favorite beauty products discovered in the last year:
1. MAC Cleanse Off Oil / 2. Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil / 3. Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil / 4. tarte BB Tinted Treatment / 5. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara / 6. stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner
- MAC Cleanse Off Oil – I discovered this product at the MAC store in the Denver airport, of all places. I bought the travel-sized to try as a makeup remover, and ended up working it into my routine as my nightly cleanser. I use it after taking off my eye makeup to really break down all the stuff on my face before moisturizing and heading off to bed.
- Josie Maran Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil – Once you get past the novel of a name, this is a wonderful product for someone with dry, sensitive skin like me. The “infinity” is because there are endless uses for this oil – I’ve used it as a moisturizer, lip conditioner, hand cream and flyaway tamer so far.
- Bumble and bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil – I have super thick, coarse, dry hair and I am always looking for ways to help tame that. This oil is one of the best products I’ve found so far – I use it on the days in-between washes to add softness and shine.
- tarte BB Tinted Treatment – I finally tried that Sephora Skin IQ thing where they find your exact Pantone match, and the fairest shade of this product was it. It ended up being absolutely perfect for my dry, sensitive skin too, providing the perfect amount of moisture and coverage.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – Until I discovered this product, I was perpetually on the hunt for the perfect mascara. This is as close as I’ve found, and the packaging is beautiful. I use it with a primer (lately, Diorshow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum). One day while wearing Better Than Sex, one of my friends asked me if my lashes were natural. If that’s not high praise for a mascara, I don’t know what is.
- stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner – I had heard about this liner for years and finally gave it a try. It lives up to the hype.
Em went above and beyond and picked fourteen favorites from the last year (I guess this is why she’s the makeup guru and I’m not). Check out her picks here or watch the video below! You can also make a fun game of “spot the third sister” when you watch. Hi, Hannah!
Did you have any beauty standouts of the past year? What were they?