January 14, 2015 // etc.· life
Sometimes, there is nothing better than curling up with wine and Netflix. Take a break from your Friends binge for something a little more sartorially inspiring:
- Advanced Style – Based on the blog of the same name, I can only hope to one day be as stylish as these seven women.
- Bill Cunningham New York – Cunningham is, in many ways, THE street style photographer, and this documentary provides a fascinating look into his work and life.
- Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has to Travel – Before Wintour, there was Vreeland. So much of fashion today owes something to Diana Vreeland, lovingly portrayed in this film (directed and produced by her granddaughter-in-law).
- Mademoiselle C – Continuing with our fabulous editor-in-chieftresses, this documentary takes a look at the inimitabile Carine Roitfeld as she launches her eponymous magazine CR Fashion Book.
- Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’s – Probably my favorite on the list, this documentary is everything I love about fashion. It’s inspirational, aspirational, much like I imagine Bergdorf’s itself is. (Confession: I have never actually been to New York City. I know, I know! It’s on my bucket list.)
Are you a fan of documentaries? What’s your Netflix go-to for a good binge-watching session?