Hey, world: the NSale officially opens to the public today! I have officially hidden my Nordstrom debit and credit cards from myself because I have done enough damage. But if you’ve yet to shop and are wondering what to buy at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, then may I suggest an entire outfit of easy fall staples that can also transition between seasons? Enter: this super stylish, deceptively simple combination from Hello Fashion that can be recreated entirely with pieces from the sale.
I love fish, I love sushi, I love raw fish, and I love trendy things, so I am very very excited that the poke (poh-key) craze has made its way from the West Coast to Chicago, finally. In fact, one week ago today, Aloha Poke Co. opened its second location in Lakeview…dangerously close to my apartment.
For those of you who don’t know, poke is a dish that originated in Hawaii, consisting of raw fish and toppings usually served as a salad and/or appetizer. It is also delicious. Kind of like sushi in a bowl, I guess?
It is exceptionally hard to get out of bed most days, and especially Mondays. I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to say that for lots of us, our beds are one of our favorite places on the planet. So cozy! So lovely! And I may live in a studio apartment now, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming of a big beautiful bedroom to call my own one day.
So because this weekend was far too short, here are some gorgeous bedrooms that I would very much love to curl up and nap in. This is not your usual Monday motivation folks — in fact, it will probably make you want to crawl right back into bed. Oops.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year — Nordstrom Anniversary Sale early access has officially started! Nordstrom is already one of my favorite places on the planet, but this sale truly takes the cake. What makes it so great? You get to shop new fall arrivals at discounted prices. As in, the pieces will still be there in August when the sale ends (unless they sell out, which is totally a thing that happens), just for lots more dolla dolla bills.
And all it takes to get this super-exclusive early access perk is a Nordstrom Card. If store cards scare you (which tbh they probably should), Nordstrom even has a debit card option that lets you earn all the same rewards as the credit card. Think $20 Nordstrom Notes to spend, personal triple points days and more perks!
So if it seems like the blogger world is freaking out over the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, it’s probably because we are. Seriously, the most difficult part is narrowing down what I am going to purchase. I work out now, so I totally need those Alo Yoga leggings. But also: mini Diptyque candles! And new fall clothes from favorite brands like Madewell! I quickly added, like, $500 worth of stuff to my cart and that’s not even tempting myself with this Rebecca Minkoff gorgeousness (which is also giving me major Chloe vibes).
This is why store credit cards should scare you, folks. I could easily max mine out at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale alone, which kind of defeats the point of the discount. Interest is the worst.
Here are some of the pieces that caught my eye during day one of the sale (and may or may not be in my cart right this very second):
- Halogen Lace-Up Flats: so on trend, and I’ve been wanting a pair for a long time now.
- Diptyque Votive Candle Set: I love fancy candles, but they normally cost $60+ a pop. Orrr you could just grab this set for $30 per candle. One mini Diptyque candle usually costs $30. Three full size for $90? That’s a steal.
- Rebecca Minkoff Saddle Bag: So Chloe-esque and I’m not at all mad about it.
- BP Leather Strap Watch: Under $20 alert! I decided recently I want an Apple watch, but this old fashioned option is great in the meantime. 😉
- Alo Sports Bra: As you may know, I recently joined ClassPass and discovered I don’t hate working out. I also discovered the wide world of fitness apparel. Alo is one of my favorite brands, and this sports bra is a steal at less than $30. You can never have too many sports bras.
- Nike Sneakers: There are a few classes on my ClassPass “want-to-try” list that very adamantly require CLEAN gym shoes, NO street shoes. All my sneakers are street shoes at the moment, so these seem like a very good and cute way to fix that problem.
- 8G Essential Greens Booster Trio: I know, you don’t typically think of Nordstrom as a health-supplement supplier, right? But it’s the only place I can find these tablets! Seriously, not even Amazon.
Are you shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale? What did you score, or what’s on your list? Let me know in the comments!
One of the biggest rules of small space living is to pick furniture pieces that can do double duty. In fact, I’ve preached it myself a few times on this blog. But where do you find these magical, double-duty items to furnish your apartment, and how do you know which pieces will work for your needs? Whether it’s a bedroom, kitchen or a studio apartment, different small spaces require different things.
Well, luckily for you, I have rounded up some of the best furniture pieces that work brilliantly for small spaces over on The Everygirl. The best part? Many of them can grow with you once you graduate from shoebox living! My personal favorite might be the CB2 Peekaboo Acrylic Console Table, since it checks off so many “good for small space” requirements like:
- It’s lucite, so it opens up the room
- The small profile works perfectly as a desk in tiny bedrooms and studio apartments
- It can work as a console table in entryways or dining rooms when you move to a space with those features
For more small apartment furniture picks, click over to The Everygirl now to see the rest of the list!