Whether you’re working a traditional office 9 to 5, being a boss-lady (or boss-man, I suppose) entrepreneur or anything in between, there’s a good chance you spend time in some sort of office space. Since I’m spending the majority of my day at work, I want to make my environment as stylish and comfortable as possible while allowing for maximum productivity.
Image via The Everygirl
Sadly, my pod at work will probably never look as cute as The Everygirl’s wonderfully styled option above, but there are still easy upgrades you can make to your workspace to help it feel more homey.
- Notebooks and planners – if you, like me, prefer old-fashioned pen and paper for your to-do lists and thoughts, house them in a notebook worth writing in. I’m slightly obsessed with Archie Grand’s cheeky options. For something a little more budget friendly, Target has this adorable option that’s nearly identical to this Sugar Paper notebook.
- A calendar to keep on track – Monthly, weekly, year-at-a-glance…whatever floats your boat, really. Finding a 2015 option may be a bit tricky now that it’s February – on the bright side, it might be on sale if you do find it! For an alternative, try a blank option like this weekly one from Rifle Paper Co. Or, you could always print a free one and display it with cute thumbtacks or on a clipboard!
- A mug – Caffeinating out of a cute mug is the best kind of caffeinating, isn’t it? Plus, there are seemingly endless mug styles out there. Some of my favorites come from Etsy, The Everygirl, Charm & Gumption, Note to Self, Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. Bonus: they can be used as a pencil cup if you like, too.
- Cute folders – Target and The Container Store both have great options; I’m a fan of Nate Berkus’s metallic file folders (which for some reason are not on Target’s website). Three other girls in my office bought them after spotting them on my desk!
- Headphones – I work in an open office, so earbuds can be an easy way to send a “do not disturb” signal when working on a project. I also find that they help me concentrate at home, especially if I’m listening to my “work flow” playlist on Spotify. Right now I have a pair of Skullcandy earbuds, but I’ve been lusting after BaubleBar x FRENDS headphones basically since they came out.
- A lamp – to provide better lighting as well as something pretty to look at. I love this Land of Nod lamp, but it’s a bit on the pricey side. Once again, Target is a treasure-trove of cute, affordable options (seriously, is there anything they don’t have?)
- Prints and photos – You’ve curated art for your home; why not do the same with inspiring prints for your desk? Favorites include Ampersand Shop, The Everygirl, The Aestate and Amanda Catherine Designs. Personal photos are a wonderful touch, too!
- A tray or catchall – My PBteen meow tray pops up frequently on Instagram because it’s one of my favorite parts of my desk. It’s also a great place to store things like lip balm and hand cream within easy reach during the day. Kate Spade also offers a super-cute odds and ends tray, if you’ve got a little more money to spend.
There you have it – eight easy upgrades for a more stylish desk! Anything I missed that you think helps wake up a workspace?